Proper Area Rug Storage
Here are some quick tips to proper area rug storage:
- Area rugs should be stored in a heated, dry area.
- If wrapped in plastic, one end should be left open, as wool needs to breathe. If it's completely encased, the wool can sweat and cause condensation inside the wrapping.
- A sheet can also be used as a breathable covering.
- Make sure the area where you will be storing your rugs is free of moths as well!
- Have your area rug cleaned before prolonged storage. Soil and spills left on fibres for a prolonged period of time will often discolor a rug permanently.